LifeSpan Fitness R5i Recumbent Bike
Exceptional value, futuristic design, super-comfy portable bike. Durable under moderate to high-intensity workouts. Compact and space-efficient design, a maximum weight of up to 400lbs.Item # R5i RECUMBENT
Out of Stock
Ergonomically Designed for Comfort
- Oversized, Molded-foam Seat Cushion
- Flexible, Breathable Backrest
As a fan favourite stationary exercise bike, the R5i Recumbent Bike has been painstakingly crafted to ensure you exercise without pain – all through your workout. Its flexible and breathable design features a pro-style adjustable backrest that allows for a wide range of motion and an armrest to give you a grand mid and post-workout experience.
In comparison to an upright fitness bike, the recumbent bike has you seated in a laid-back reclining position. It often feels more natural and comfortable as your weight is more evenly distributed and closer to the ground for stability.
No more discomfort or upper or lower back pains: the R5i Recumbent Bike offers you an ultra-comfy breathable backrest with custom-built lumbar support for the coolest training sessions.
Molded Armrest with Integrated Heart Rate Sensor
The R5i Recumbent Bike has integrated contact heart rate sensors within the molded armrest to monitor your heart rate as you work out. This integrated heart rate monitor lets you keep your health in check, track your performance and make needed adjustments without even pressing a button! Its one-of-a-kind intuitive design is one classic that will offer you anything but ordinary.
Quiet, Durable and Cable-free
- Self-generating Power System
- Transport Wheels for Easy Mobility
The LifeSpan R5i Recumbent Bike seamlessly blends portability and sustainability to take your convenience in training sessions incredibly up a notch.
Enjoy your pleasant workout sessions without worrying about switching locations or having an electricity source as the R5i Recumbent Bike runs on a self-generating power system. As one of the world’s most advanced stationary bikes, you get to save more on batteries or electricity consumption. You can be confident that mobility will never be an issue because its transport wheels have been engineered for a smooth and quiet motion. Even when pedaling yourself through a hill-climb routine, this stationary bike gives you a smooth, quiet pedaling and a hassle-free exercise session anywhere you want.
Exercise Programs for Every Ambition
- 34 Exercise Programs
- 2 Heart Rate Training Programs
- 2 Custom User Programs
If you want an authentic sense of versatility, which gives you instant and ultra-responsive switch-ups, the R5i Recumbent Bike aptly suits your needs. With its user-friendly programs: 34 exercise programs, 2 heart rate training programs and 2 custom user programs, this stationary cycle gives you everything you need on your journey to cardiovascular fitness and general wellness. Brilliantly designed to be phenomenal in style and excellent in function, this Recumbent Bike is bound to give you the fitness results you’ve always fancied.
Lifespan App Club
The R5i Recumbent cycle also comes with an innovative mobile application that efficiently tracks your fitness achievements. Adeptly designed by physiologists, the Lifespan App provides unparalleled accountability and one-stop solutions to reaching your fitness goals.
This brilliant Bluetooth-integrated App synchronizes with the R5i to function as that trainer that can help you move more with personalized routines. The Lifespan app stands out as a state-of-the-art initiative to give you the best workout results by combining innovative technology and utility-driven design.
- Display Area: Multi-color LCD with simultaneous readouts, exercise program name and profile, and personal data,
- Heart Rate Monitor: Contact heart rate sensors located on the armrests and chest strap receiver (chest strap not included).
- Programs: 4 heart rate programs, 2 customized user programs and 34 preset programs (10 weight management, 10 healthy living, 14 sports training).
- Console Readouts: Program name, date and time, workout time, calories, RPM, distance, heart rate, speed, resistance level and watts
- Easy to Use: Large, soft-touch keys — start, enter, up/down arrow keys and QuickSet™ button.
IN YOUR HOME OR OFFICE
FEATURES: TECHNOLOGY, CONFIGURATION, & CONVENIENCE
Fitness Town chose LifeSpan because of our aligned values around breaking down the barriers to movement, their quality product and their upstanding service. LifeSpan is dedicated to benefiting the way people work, exercise, and live in sustainable, healthy ways. Their quality products and innovative vision have inspired fitness and wellness as a way of everyday life since the brand was introduced in 2001. By specializing in solutions created uniquely for the home, gym, workplace, and everywhere in between, LifeSpan is helping to empower individuals to find better health regardless of the setting.
Why you should bring Cardio Equipment home?
- 4-season / 24HR training safely – No limitations or concerns due to weather or time-of-day
- Reduced or controlled impact for injured, recovering, or aging bodies
- Steady/safe/controlled terrain for injured, recovering, or aging bodies
- Health benefits of cardio exercise equipment include: improved heart/cardiovascular health, lower blood pressure, helps to regulate blood sugar, can reduce asthma symptoms, can reduce chronic pain, can aid in sleep, increases daily caloric burn to reduce fat, can strengthen the immune system, shown to boost your mood, contributes to a reduced risk of falls.
Buying a Bike
Fitness Town has curated a range of quality bikes that pass various tests from our team of experts. After decades in the fitness industry, we’ve developed a good understanding of your needs, regardless of age or fitness level. We consider everything like industry standards, diverse physical statures, and training requirements and goals. When you buy a product from Fitness Town, you can feel confident knowing that it lives up to our high standards. All that’s left is finding the perfect match for you.
Here are some things to consider when comparing our bikes:
- What are the different types of bikes? Covering the most important question first. It’s important you understand the types of bikes on the market to determine which one is right for you.
- Spin (or indoor cycling) bikes will mimic a road bike the closest. These bikes feature a flywheel design with adjustable resistance that is usually controlled with a twist knob. With spin bikes, you have the option to choose magnetic or friction resistance. Magnetic resistance will feel the most natural and give a smooth ride. Friction resistance will be found on less expensive bikes and is increased by creating pressure on the flywheel with a felt pad. This type of resistance will wear out faster than magnetic resistance, but it will definitely get the job done.
- Upright bikes also mimic traditional bicycles, but some users find them slightly more comfortable for steady-state cardio. These bikes will have a wider, more padded seat and resistance is generally controlled with buttons rather than a knob.
- Recumbent bikes are the most supportive and feature a wide, contoured seat that provides coverage for the lower and middle back. The pedals are placed farther in front of the body, which allows the rider to slightly recline while pedaling. This type of bike is great for physical therapy.
- Finally, air bikes (or dual-action bikes). As indicated by its name, these bikes use air resistance to control the intensity. They feature a large fan wheel and wide handles that move back and forth as the user pedals, allowing for upper body engagement. This model offers “unlimited resistance” – the harder you push, the more challenging the workout becomes.
- What are your training goals? Someone recovering from knee surgery will most likely pick a different style bike than a CrossFitter. If you are looking for a bike to help you ease into a training routine, recover from an injury, or perform low-intensity, steady-state cardio, then you might want to go with an upright or recumbent bike. If you are looking for a heart-pumping, high-intensity workout that will burn a lot of calories, the air bike or the spin bike would be your go-to.
- Your weight and the weight of the bike: Manufacturers post maximum weight limits to keep you safe. It’s important that your bike is stable. If the bike wobbles or shifts back and forth during your ride, this not only puts excessive wear and tear on your machine but is also a safety hazard. Check the weight limit on the bike, but also the weight of the bike itself. The heavier the bike is, the sturdier and more stable it’ll be during your ride.
- Will you ride when the house is asleep? Even though you like to train at 5 AM, your housemate might not appreciate that early morning wake-up call. It’s important to note when purchasing a bike that the different types of resistance methods will also produce different levels of noise. If you cohabitate or enjoy watching tv while you ride your bike, you might want to pick a bike that offers a nearly silent ride.
- Will it fit your height? If you’re tall and need extra leg room, or you’re on the shorter side and need to bring the handlebars closer, it’s important to consider the bike’s adjustability. We recommend one of our bikes with customizable seat and handlebar heights if you want to accommodate individual preferences.
- Cool features: Finally, cool features. These are what we’d call “nice-to-haves”. The considerations above are important features to narrow down your options. Other factors like a display screen, workout programs, and heart rate connectivity are not essential, but they will help you decide on the perfect bike to fit you and your goals. Just remember, your bike purchase doesn’t need to be swayed by a cool connected fitness app or program. Nowadays, you can use these apps with any bike, so focus on finding the one that’s the right quality and price for you.
SHOW US YOURS
Show us your home or office fitness environment. Inspire others to fit opportunities for movement into their space. Follow, like, pin, and tag us. Have your spaces shown here.
Expert Guidance To Help You Choose
Fitness equipment is highly personal and studies show that the right fit has a big impact on your consistency, enjoyment, and success. The Fitness Town Difference is our commitment to fitting you with equipment that will go the distance. We want you to build an environment for fitness that removes barriers and makes it easier for you to move more, at any age and every stage. Let us help you discover what moves you.