Keiser® M5i Strider Elliptical Machine
Elliptical Trainer for all ages and fitness levels with heart-pumping and low impact cardio workouts and magnetic-resistance technology. Portable and compact design.Item # KEISER-M5i
Non-Wear Magnetic Resistance
Keiser has a history of exceptional engineering and proven magnetic resistance technology. The M5i harnesses the same revolutionary magnetic resistance system as the Keiser’s M series cycles, so you can count on a smooth consistent ride, high levels of resistance and a quality elliptical workout anytime. Exercising at a high resistance level provides an improved ability to fine-tune the resistance to match your fitness level.
The M5i strider offers whisper-quiet mechanics, which make it great for health clubs, studios and home use. It suffers less wear and tear, therefore, less maintenance is needed. Also, it features a drastically reduced footprint compared to traditional ellipticals.
Multi-Function Computer System
Keiser’s M5i is designed to provide instant feedback and register your training progress. The system enables monitoring of RPM (pace), power output, heart rate and resistance and gives you a superior overall training experience. It is a positive, motivational tool that can encourage and stimulate the user. The M Connect display is enhanced with the technologies of the Keiser’s M Series Converter, allowing you to seamlessly connect to your favourite apps anytime.
Stationary and Moving Handlebar Options
The vertical stationary handlebars on Keiser M5i are designed to offer comfort and balance while exercising in a standing position, promote better posture and more efficient exercise.
The padded moving handlebars can help you work your upper body while getting in your cardio exercise. To do this effectively increase the resistance on the Keiser M5i and actively push and pull the handlebars. For a total body cardio and strength workout, you can alternate between letting go of and holding on to the moving handlebars, which can help with your balance and stabilization at the same time.
Robust adjustment knobs that require less maintenance than cam locks. They allow you to easily set the handlebar height and ensure better posture and a more efficient workout.
The foot pedals on Keiser M5i are designed with comfort in mind, to keep your feet fixed in the pedals and help reduce the amount of strain placed on hips, knees and ankle joints.
The media tray is standard on the M5i. It provides a convenient spot for reading materials and your personal electronics, so you can enjoy your workout time fully.
- Quiet mechanics
- Adjustable height
- Anti-slip belt
- Smooth resistance shifter
- No external power needed
IN YOUR HOME OR OFFICE
FEATURES: TECHNOLOGY, CONFIGURATION, & CONVENIENCE
For over 40 years, Keiser has been changing the way people of diverse ages and abilities exercise, while helping to improve their performance and quality of life. Since its inception in 1977, Keiser has always been at the cutting edge of the fitness industry and remains there today with a full range of fitness produ cts for the young and the young - at - heart. We are proud to partner with Keiser because of their close alignment with our mission of keeping everyone moving at every age and any stage .
Why you should bring Cardio Equipment home?
- 4-season / 24HR training safely – No limitations or concerns due to weather or time-of-day
- Reduced or controlled impact for injured, recovering, or aging bodies
- Steady/safe/controlled terrain for injured, recovering, or aging bodies
- Health benefits of cardio exercise equipment include: improved heart/cardiovascular health, lower blood pressure, helps to regulate blood sugar, can reduce asthma symptoms, can reduce chronic pain, can aid in sleep, increases daily caloric burn to reduce fat, can strengthen the immune system, shown to boost your mood, contributes to a reduced risk of falls.
Buying an Elliptical
Fitness Town has curated a range of quality ellipticals that pass various tests from our team of experts. After decades in the fitness industry, we’ve developed a good understanding of your needs, regardless of age or fitness level. We consider everything like industry standards, diverse physical statures, and training requirements and goals. When you buy a product from Fitness Town, you can feel confident knowing that it lives up to our high standards. All that’s left is finding the perfect match for you.
Here are some things to consider when comparing our ellipticals:
- What are the different elliptical styles? There are three basic designs in elliptical machines: centre-drive, front-drive, and rear-drive. Understanding the difference will help you decide which elliptical will best fit your space, stride, and goals.
- Center-drive ellipticals are like treadmills in the sense that the pedals are where the belt would be. They offer a gentle ride and generally have the smallest footprint, although you still need to consider the total length when the pedals are fully extended.
- Front-drive ellipticals feature the wheelhouse on the front of the machine. These models tend to be the most affordable because of their basic design. These models can be noisy and vibrate, so that’s something to consider.
- Rear-drive ellipticals are the longest of the three designs and feature a smaller wheelhouse located behind the pedals.
- Your stride length: If you’re tall, you’ll want to find an elliptical machine that can accommodate your longer stride. For users up to 5’7”, a stride length of 16-18 inches will work. For users 5’7” to 6’7”, opt for an elliptical with a stride length of 20-21 inches. Alternatively, check out ellipticals that have adjustable stride lengths, that way you can target different muscle groups during your workout.
- Will your machine grow with you? Most ellipticals offer adjustable resistance levels. But you want to make sure you purchase a machine that will give you room to grow and get stronger in terms of resistance. When you first hop-on, it should be very easy to stride at the lowest setting and be challenging at about 75 percent resistance. This gives you room to work on your muscular strength and endurance.
- What does your space look like? There’s no way around it, ellipticals take up space. On average, ellipticals are about 6 feet long by 2.5 feet wide. And keep in mind that the pedals may extend out behind the back of the machine when in use. If you’re short on space, go for a more compact elliptical machine or opt for one that has wheels so you can easily wheel it from room to room between use.
- What are your training goals? If you plan on using your elliptical for recovery purposes or a few times a week max, you can reach your goals with a value-priced (less expensive) elliptical. If you plan to exercise for an hour or more every day and perform high-intensity interval training exercises on your machine, you will want a higher-end elliptical that can match your effort and go the distance.
- Noise level: If you live in an apartment or have housemates that still nap (talking about your little ones here), consider a quiet machine. When you’re looking at our models, consider the weight and location of the flywheel. Add an extra-dense mat under the unit to not only cut down on noise but protect your rental flooring from wear and tear as well.
- Do you need a little extra motivation? Exercise programs can add a bit of variety and some spice to your cardio routine. Most machines come with a few programs installed or let you create your own manual setting. Check out the different program options on our ellipticals and pick the one that will help you get on the machine and work towards your goals.
- Cool features: Finally, cool features. We’ve saved the best for last. After you’ve narrowed down your top picks based on your “must-haves”, some added features might help you narrow down your pick. Heart rate sensors, Bluetooth connectivity, and device holders are all things to consider when choosing your elliptical from Fitness Town.
SHOW US YOURS
Show us your home or office fitness environment. Inspire others to fit opportunities for movement into their space. Follow, like, pin, and tag us. Have your spaces shown here.
Expert Guidance To Help You Choose
Fitness equipment is highly personal and studies show that the right fit has a big impact on your consistency, enjoyment, and success. The Fitness Town Difference is our commitment to fitting you with equipment that will go the distance. We want you to build an environment for fitness that removes barriers and makes it easier for you to move more, at any age and every stage. Let us help you discover what moves you.