York® 2" Cast Iron Olympic Weight Set - 16pc
Crafted by a trusted name in fitness equipment, York Barbell, this cast iron plate set will help you achieve your fitness goals for years to come.Item # 2900
Classic York Barbell Olympic Plates
Crafted with simplicity and sturdiness in mind, these 2” Olympic Plates are the epitome of muscle-building power. No frills, just pure performance. Ideal for both beginners entering the world of strength training and advanced users pushing their limits.
High-Quality 7’ Olympic Barbell
The York Barbell 7’ Olympic Barbell is forged from high-quality steel, ensuring durability and reliability. With a generous 1000lb weight limit, a 28mm/1.125” bar diameter, and 15 3/4” sleeve lengths, this barbell is your trusty companion for loading up weights and conquering your personal records.
Optimized Weight Distribution
The 300lb Olympic Weight Plate Set is meticulously curated to include a variety of weights for versatile training. From 2.5lb for precision adjustments to the hefty 45lb plates for serious strength building, this set empowers you to customize your workout according to your fitness goals.
Why you should bring Free Weight Equipment home?
- A common myth is that free weights are for young people, body builders, or people serious about sculpting their bodies through muscle growth. Though free weights can be used for those purposes, weight training is for everyone and is critical in supporting the body’s functional abilities.
- Moving weight (pushing, pulling, lifting, etc.) plays a critical role in maintaining our body’s functional abilities (bone density, mobility, balance, strength, endurance, etc.) and optimal body composition (fat vs. muscle).
- Increasing muscle mass will increase your total daily energy used (calories) which contributes to fat loss. In other words, it’s strength and not just cardio that helps you lose fat.
- Free weights offer maximum exercise flexibility – there are limitless ways to push and pull a free weight to promote strength and health. However, some knowledge or guidance is required in order to optimize your movements for effectiveness and safety.
- Free weights offer resistance training in smaller spaces than strength equipment. A few free weights in the right range is all many will need to meet their training needs. There are even adjustable options for a wider weight range in smaller spaces.
- Free weights are generally portable and storable – use them in any room of the house or take them to your favourite outdoor space.
- If you are intimidated by Free Weights, check out our Strength Equipment options or resistance training Accessories.
Expert Guidance To Help You Choose
Fitness equipment is highly personal and studies show that the right fit has a big impact on your consistency, enjoyment, and success. The Fitness Town Difference is our commitment to fitting you with equipment that will go the distance. We want you to build an environment for fitness that removes barriers and makes it easier for you to move more, at any age and every stage. Let us help you discover what moves you.