Fitness Town Straight Bar - 20"
Premium steel cable attachment with textured rubber grips adds variety to your upper body workout. The swivel hanger provides a steady, fluid motion throughout the lift.Item # FH6014-04
Out of Stock
Textured Rubber Grips
The Fitness Town Straight Bar Attachment is created with ergonomic handgrips covered in textured rubber for added comfort and safety during your workout. The rubber end caps reduce slippage and help you maintain positioning on the bar.
This Straight Bar Attachment is created with a swivel hanger that provides steady, fluid motion throughout your workout. The smooth rotation allows you to hit your muscles from every angle, enhancing workout versatility.
Attaches to any cable or pulley system
IN YOUR HOME OR OFFICE
Fitness Town carries a selection of quality, affordable home gym equipment under the house brand name. Sourced from reputable manufacturers around the world, Fitness Town brand products are carefully selected to meet industry standard requirements for safety, quality, and performance. From free weights to recovery tools and accessories, Fitness Town is proud to offer home gym equipment that helps people move more.
Why you should bring Strength Equipment home?
- Strength Equipment brings gym training home, offering weighted push and pull exercises in a broad range of motion
- A common myth is that strength equipment is for young people, body builders, or people serious about sculpting their bodies through muscle growth. Though strength training can be used for those purposes, it’s primarily designed to support the body’s functional abilities
- Moving weight (pushing, pulling, lifting, etc.) plays a critical role in maintaining our body’s functional abilities (bone density, mobility, balance, strength, endurance, etc.) and optimal body composition (fat vs. muscle)
- Increasing muscle mass will increase your total daily energy used (calories) which contributes to fat loss. In other words, it’s strength and not just cardio that helps you lose fat.
- The Strength Equipment category of fitness equipment does require some square footage, though we carry a broad range of configurations and sizes that will surprise you with their ability to offer a full-body strength routine in a more compact space. It is considered by some to be less intimidating and possibly safer or more controlled than using free-weights
- If Strength Equipment isn’t going to fit in your space, it’s important to look at Free Weights and Accessories that provide push and pull resistance.
Buying Cable Attachments
Fitness Town has curated a range of quality cable attachments that pass various tests from our team of experts. After decades in the fitness industry, we’ve developed a good understanding of your needs, regardless of age or fitness level. We consider everything like industry standards, diverse physical statures, and training requirements and goals. When you buy a product from Fitness Town, you can feel confident knowing that it lives up to our high standards. All that’s left is finding the perfect match for you.
Here are some things to consider when comparing our cable attachments:
- Is it multi-functional? Consider your training goals when purchasing cable attachments. If you are only focused on targeting one body part like your lats or your triceps, you can purchase a more specific piece of equipment such as a lat bar or tricep v-press. However, if you are looking for an attachment you can use to target both, you might want to consider a more versatile attachment like a straight bar or a tricep rope.
- The grip: Most often, your grip is the first thing to fail during an exercise. The type of grip on your attachment can contribute to this. Consider if you want your attachment to have a comfortable grip that will protect your hands from discomfort or an ultra-grippy surface that will help you hold on longer. We offer attachments that have both rubber grips and knurled patterns so you can choose the one that’s right for you.
- Number of people and frequency of use: The number of people in your household and the frequency of use on your attachments will impact the wear and tear. Consider the material the attachment is made from to ensure maximum durability. Frequent use of rubber attachments may wear out faster, so if your attachments see a lot of action, opt for one made of solid steel or aluminum.
- Cleaning and maintenance: Just like the rest of your house, you’ll want to keep your home gym nice and clean. Some attachments will naturally harbor more germs than others, like rubber or foam. Keep this in mind if there are multiple users in your gym.
- Is it ergonomic? Ergonomic handles and grips ensure the maximum longevity of your lifting career. Consider attachments with rotating handles or attachment joints to reduce the stress on your wrists, elbows, and shoulders.
The finish: The finish of your attachment will impact its durability. Look for an attachment that is made of hard chrome or aluminum to ensure that your equipment lasts a long time without breaking down.
Expert Guidance To Help You Choose
Fitness equipment is highly personal and studies show that the right fit has a big impact on your consistency, enjoyment, and success. The Fitness Town Difference is our commitment to fitting you with equipment that will go the distance. We want you to build an environment for fitness that removes barriers and makes it easier for you to move more, at any age and every stage. Let us help you discover what moves you.