Fitness Town Competition Kettlebells
Solid steel construction and uniform sizing regardless of weight for consistent full-body training. Standard color coding, easy weight identification. Perfect for improving muscle, core, and balance.Item # FH1044-6
Standard Colour Coating
Not only does the uniform colour coating on the Competition Kettlebells protect the steel body, but it makes it easy to identify weights at a glance. The last thing you want to do in the middle of your circuit or HIIT workout is waste precious seconds searching all over for your weight. Bright colours make it easy to spot across the gym.
Consistent Sizing, Consistent Training
Uniform sizing means uniform training. The Competition Kettlebells are one size, regardless of the weight you choose to ensure that your technique stays consistent as you get stronger and increase weight. Unlike cast-iron kettlebells, the Competition Kettlebells rest in the same rack position, no matter if you train with 8 kg or 48 kg.
Fitness Town Competition Kettlebells feature a wide, flat base which makes them much more stable for floor exercises like Renegade Rows and kettlebell push-ups. And, they won’t roll away when you set them down between exercises.
- Larger mass than cast iron kettlebells for better ballistic properties
- Steel construction for ultimate durability
- Consistent handle that reduces grip fatigue
- Versatility in your workouts – strength, conditioning, overall fitness
IN YOUR HOME OR OFFICE
Fitness Town carries a selection of quality, affordable home gym equipment under the house brand name. Sourced from reputable manufacturers around the world, Fitness Town brand products are carefully selected to meet industry standard requirements for safety, quality, and performance. From free weights to recovery tools and accessories, Fitness Town is proud to offer home gym equipment that helps people move more.
Why you should bring Free Weight Equipment home?
- A common myth is that free weights are for young people, body builders, or people serious about sculpting their bodies through muscle growth. Though free weights can be used for those purposes, weight training is for everyone and is critical in supporting the body’s functional abilities.
- Moving weight (pushing, pulling, lifting, etc.) plays a critical role in maintaining our body’s functional abilities (bone density, mobility, balance, strength, endurance, etc.) and optimal body composition (fat vs. muscle).
- Increasing muscle mass will increase your total daily energy used (calories) which contributes to fat loss. In other words, it’s strength and not just cardio that helps you lose fat.
- Free weights offer maximum exercise flexibility – there are limitless ways to push and pull a free weight to promote strength and health. However, some knowledge or guidance is required in order to optimize your movements for effectiveness and safety.
- Free weights offer resistance training in smaller spaces than strength equipment. A few free weights in the right range is all many will need to meet their training needs. There are even adjustable options for a wider weight range in smaller spaces.
- Free weights are generally portable and storable – use them in any room of the house or take them to your favourite outdoor space.
- If you are intimidated by Free Weights, check out our Strength Equipment options or resistance training Accessories.
Fitness Town has curated a range of quality kettlebells that pass various tests from our team of experts. After decades in the fitness industry, we’ve developed a good understanding of your needs, regardless of age or fitness level. We consider everything like industry standards, diverse physical statures, and training requirements and goals. When you buy a product from Fitness Town, you can feel confident knowing that it lives up to our high standards. All that’s left is finding the perfect match for you.
Here are some things to consider when comparing our kettlebells:
- Your training goals: Keep your training goals in mind as your browse our collection of kettlebells. We offer standard cast iron kettlebells for general fitness and competition kettlebells for serious athletes. If you’re looking to focus on strength gains or you’re a competitive athlete, competition kettlebells will be best for you. Their consistent sizing allows you to focus on the weight without having to adjust your technique to accommodate different kettlebell sizes.
- Kettlebell Type: Depending on your training goal and use of the kettlebell, there are two different types of kettlebells to choose from
- Standard Iron Kettlebell: Crafted from one piece of steel, means movements are more stable and clean. As the kettlebell gets heavier in weight size the size of the kettlebell will increases proportionately. As it gets heavier the handle, shape and thickness will change, so consistency in different weight sizes will not be the same. The handle is more rounded and curved.
- Competition Kettlebell: Also crafted from one piece of steel, so movements are more stable and clean. As the competition kettlebell gets heavier in weight the size stays the same, you will always ensure there is consistency in the look and feel regardless of the weight. The handle is more angular and straighter on top.
- How much weight do you need? Fitness Town carries kettlebells in weights ranging from 4kg to 56kg to accommodate a wide range of athletes. However, general standards for athletes are:
- Beginners: 12-16kg for men and 8-12kg for women
- Intermediate: 16-20kg for men, 12-16kg for women
- Advanced: 20-24kg for men and 16-20kg for women
- Your space: A pair of kettlebells can take up a lot of space, especially as they get heavier. If you’re short on space, consider an organized kettlebell rack (dumbbell racks work too!) or start with the most popular weights that work for many exercises.
- The material: Kettlebells are available in a variety of materials like solid metal, cast iron, and rubber. You’ll find that Fitness Town carries solid steel and cast-iron kettlebells because materials are the most durable and will withstand heavy use, making them the best choice for your home gym.
- The grip: You don’t want your grip to burn out before you’ve finished the exercise. Consider the width of the grip when purchasing your kettlebells. You’ll want to make sure you can wrap your fingers all the way around. Also, if you plan on doing exercises with a double grip, make sure your kettlebell is wide enough to accommodate both hands.
- Number of people and frequency of use: The number of people in your household and the frequency of use on your kettlebells will impact the wear and tear. Consider the material the kettlebells are made from to ensure maximum durability.
- What exercises can you perform? Kettlebells are one of the most versatile tools on the market. You can perform traditional exercises like Swings, Cleans, Jerks, Rows, and Deadlifts or add in some advanced movements like Russian Twists, Windmills, or Turkish Get-Ups. Since the sky is the limit with these tools, you rarely have to worry about outgrowing your equipment. You can always find new ways to challenge yourself with your kettlebells.
Expert Guidance To Help You Choose
Fitness equipment is highly personal and studies show that the right fit has a big impact on your consistency, enjoyment, and success. The Fitness Town Difference is our commitment to fitting you with equipment that will go the distance. We want you to build an environment for fitness that removes barriers and makes it easier for you to move more, at any age and every stage. Let us help you discover what moves you.