AbMat® - Abdominal Trainer
Fundamental core training accessory for athletes to work their entire abdominal muscle groups. Curved shape, Flexed spine, effective sit-ups and crunches, high density and structural integrity.Item # 5-104-590-100
New Single Mold, Closed Cell Foam Construction
The new AbMat, redesigned as a single moulded piece, is made of medical-grade Polyurethane foam with antibacterial properties and a closed cell skin that prevents sweat/moisture absorption. This foam helps the AbMat’s arch maintain its structural integrity while being easier to clean, making it ideal for commercial gyms. The proprietary foam blend also produces a mat that is softer to the touch but firmer when in use for the user.
Full Abs Extension & Contraction
The contoured AbMat, positioned under the lower back, allows for full abdominal extension at the start of a sit-up by tilting the spine, which is impossible on a flat surface. It stabilises the pelvis, as you rise allowing the abs to fully contract. As a result, the abdominal, oblique, and back muscles receive more efficient and comprehensive core training.
The feet are anchored in the traditional off-the-floor sit-up, and the hip flexors do most of the work. The back is arched in an unsafe position, and the movement is completed by momentum. A proper sit up can be done on the AbMat with a neutral spine and no momentum, allowing for a wider range of motion and more effective conditioning.
Made in the USA
The AbMat was created in 1997 by renowned strength coach Fred Koch and has always been made entirely in the United States. This new model is portable and lightweight, measuring 14.5″ L x 11.75″ W x 2.75″ H and weighing only 2.2 LBS. This AbMat has a textured black finish, a non-skid base, an embossed AbMat logo, and exclusive Rogue branding in white, in addition to its updated single-mold, closed-cell foam construction.
IN YOUR HOME OR OFFICE
Fitness Town chose to carry the trusted brand, AbMat, because of their vision to be the “big company for the little guy.” Since Fitness Town is not a big box retailer, we appreciate working with brands that care about being a reliable partner to mid-sized distributors and delivering an innovative, excellent, product to our customers. Products like the Original AbMat and Crash Cushions are proven to enhance your workout while protecting your environment for fitness.
Why you should bring Accessories & Conditioning Equipment home?
- Accessories & Conditioning includes a broad range of tools to help you optimize training at home and on the go
- It includes monitoring tools, resistance (for strength and balance), mobility, stability, rehabilitation, training-specific tools (yoga, floor exercise, MMA, Boxing, etc)
- The options are limitless. It can be hard to know what you need without some guidance. And we might have an accessory that you haven’t heard of to help you with a goal or challenge! Ask in the chat or visit a store if you aren’t sure.
- Warning: this category is susceptible to fads that don’t work. Don’t worry, you won’t find those at Fitness Town. All of our products are reviewed by our expert team which includes trainers, kinesiologists, and diverse training and sport backgrounds.
- Another warning: there are a lot of poor-quality accessories online. If it’s cheap… It’s cheap. We carry a mid- to high-quality range. If you’re a casual user, our lower cost items will probably be all you need but choose the higher cost items if you use them regularly in your household. This will help us all reduce the amount of fitness accessories in our landfill.
- To help you select the appropriate accessories for you, we’ve categorized them common needs, interests, and uses.
Expert Guidance To Help You Choose
Fitness equipment is highly personal and studies show that the right fit has a big impact on your consistency, enjoyment, and success. The Fitness Town Difference is our commitment to fitting you with equipment that will go the distance. We want you to build an environment for fitness that removes barriers and makes it easier for you to move more, at any age and every stage. Let us help you discover what moves you.