Plastic is defiantly a big part of our life being in almost everything we use. From wrapping our food in it to medical supplies.
plastic is here to stay. I guess the question is what are we as individuals going to do to combat our use of plastic. I am not
telling you to avoid plastic at all cost because I really don’t think we could literally go without it. BUT there are a lot of things
that we can do to avoid direct contact with plastic and it’s leaching chemicals.
1) If you buy bottled water never reuse the bottle.
2) Using Aluminum bottles, stainless steel bottles or glass are much better alternatives to plastic for drinking fluids in.
3) Try not to microwave your plastic containers.
4) Plastic wrap for your food should not be in direct contact with the food.
5) Storing food in Aluminum foil, ceramic containers or glass are much better than plastic containers
6) Check the recycling number of the product as listed above and stay away from the leaching numbers
7) Processed food containers such as ketchup, salad dressings, and anything purchased for consumption usually have choices
of plastic or glass containers. Use glass when possible.
The key to dealing with this issue is to avoid plastic when possible. You can’t get rid of everything plastic but we can sure control what we use plastic for. Bottom line the less plastic chemicals in your system the better.