Tanita® BC-585F FitScan Body Composition Monitor
Great scale for health and fitness enthusiasts. Glass platform, 9 full body measurements, all the data needed to achieve peak performance, plus an athlete-specific mode.Item # BC-585F
Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) Technology
For highly accurate indication, the Tanita BC585F Fitscan Body Composition Monitor uses the latest BIA technology for determining body composition by measuring the rate at which an electrical current passes through the body. Body fat (adipose tissue) creates more resistance (impedance) than fat-free mass, slowing the current’s movement. BIA scales use bioelectrical impedance analysis to calculate body fat percentage.
Tanita BC585F monitor not only measures weight and body fat, it also tells you your muscle mass, body water %, daily caloric intake (DCI), metabolic age, bone mass, visceral fat and rates your physique.
- The muscle mass feature indicates the weight of muscle in the body.
- The Body Water % is the total amount of fluid in the body expressed as a percentage of total weight
- The DCI reading is the daily amount of calories your body requires to maintain your current weight.
- The Metabolic Age compares your basal metabolic rate to the average age associated with that level of metabolism.
- The Bone Mass is the weight of your bone in your body.
- The Visceral Fat is the fat in the abdominal cavity (stomach), surrounding the vital organs.
- The Physique Rating is a rating of your body type; 1-9.
- Rugged tempered glass platform
- 330 lb Capacity
- Automatic scroll through readings
- Special mode for athletes
IN YOUR HOME OR OFFICE
Why you should bring Accessories & Conditioning Equipment home?
- Accessories & Conditioning includes a broad range of tools to help you optimize training at home and on the go
- It includes monitoring tools, resistance (for strength and balance), mobility, stability, rehabilitation, training-specific tools (yoga, floor exercise, MMA, Boxing, etc)
- The options are limitless. It can be hard to know what you need without some guidance. And we might have an accessory that you haven’t heard of to help you with a goal or challenge! Ask in the chat or visit a store if you aren’t sure.
- Warning: this category is susceptible to fads that don’t work. Don’t worry, you won’t find those at Fitness Town. All of our products are reviewed by our expert team which includes trainers, kinesiologists, and diverse training and sport backgrounds.
- Another warning: there are a lot of poor-quality accessories online. If it’s cheap… It’s cheap. We carry a mid- to high-quality range. If you’re a casual user, our lower cost items will probably be all you need but choose the higher cost items if you use them regularly in your household. This will help us all reduce the amount of fitness accessories in our landfill.
- To help you select the appropriate accessories for you, we’ve categorized them common needs, interests, and uses.
Expert Guidance To Help You Choose
Fitness equipment is highly personal and studies show that the right fit has a big impact on your consistency, enjoyment, and success. The Fitness Town Difference is our commitment to fitting you with equipment that will go the distance. We want you to build an environment for fitness that removes barriers and makes it easier for you to move more, at any age and every stage. Let us help you discover what moves you.