PRECOR® EFX 222 Energy™ Elliptical
With its thoughtful features and ergonomic design, this elliptical fits seamlessly into your living space without compromising on performance.Item # PRECOR-EFX 222
Adaptive Motion Technology (AMT)
The Adaptive Motion Technology allows you to personalize your workout by adjusting the stride length. This feature not only provides variety to your exercise routine but also engages different muscle groups, promoting a comprehensive full-body workout.
The user-friendly console of the EFX 222 makes tracking your progress a breeze. With easy-to-read metrics such as heart rate, calories burned, and distance covered, you can stay motivated and monitor your fitness goals in real-time. Achieve optimal cardiovascular benefits by keeping tabs on your heart rate using the built-in sensors or the compatible chest strap. This feature ensures that you stay within your target heart rate zone for efficient and safe workouts.
Durable Build and WhisperStride Technology
Crafted with durability in mind, the EFX 222 boasts a solid build that can withstand regular use. The WhisperStride technology ensures a quiet and smooth operation, allowing you to focus on your workout without any distracting noise.
Precor’s patented adjustable CrossRamp® technology allows you to alter the height of the elliptical path your foot travels. This feature, known as Variable Stride Geometry™, allows you to switch focus between a specific muscle group or all major lower-body muscle groups for a more fine-tuned workout.
IN YOUR HOME OR OFFICE
TECHNOLOGY, CONFIGURATION & CONVENIENCE
Precor Incorporated, a unit of Peloton headquartered in Greater Seattle, WA, has been a pioneer in delivering fitness experiences for commercial customers and exercisers for more than 40 years. Since 2015, Fitness Town has worked with Precor products to build state-of-the-art commercial fitness facilities and to provide commercial-grade products for home environments. Fitness Town and Precor share a commitment to shift the focus in our industry from product sales to creating more personalized solutions to fitness.
Why you should bring Cardio Equipment home?
- 4-season / 24HR training safely – No limitations or concerns due to weather or time-of-day
- Reduced or controlled impact for injured, recovering, or aging bodies
- Steady/safe/controlled terrain for injured, recovering, or aging bodies
- Health benefits of cardio exercise equipment include: improved heart/cardiovascular health, lower blood pressure, helps to regulate blood sugar, can reduce asthma symptoms, can reduce chronic pain, can aid in sleep, increases daily caloric burn to reduce fat, can strengthen the immune system, shown to boost your mood, contributes to a reduced risk of falls.
Buying an Elliptical
Fitness Town has curated a range of quality ellipticals that pass various tests from our team of experts. After decades in the fitness industry, we’ve developed a good understanding of your needs, regardless of age or fitness level. We consider everything like industry standards, diverse physical statures, and training requirements and goals. When you buy a product from Fitness Town, you can feel confident knowing that it lives up to our high standards. All that’s left is finding the perfect match for you.
Here are some things to consider when comparing our ellipticals:
- What are the different elliptical styles? There are three basic designs in elliptical machines: centre-drive, front-drive, and rear-drive. Understanding the difference will help you decide which elliptical will best fit your space, stride, and goals.
- Center-drive ellipticals are like treadmills in the sense that the pedals are where the belt would be. They offer a gentle ride and generally have the smallest footprint, although you still need to consider the total length when the pedals are fully extended.
- Front-drive ellipticals feature the wheelhouse on the front of the machine. These models tend to be the most affordable because of their basic design. These models can be noisy and vibrate, so that’s something to consider.
- Rear-drive ellipticals are the longest of the three designs and feature a smaller wheelhouse located behind the pedals.
- Your stride length: If you’re tall, you’ll want to find an elliptical machine that can accommodate your longer stride. For users up to 5’7”, a stride length of 16-18 inches will work. For users 5’7” to 6’7”, opt for an elliptical with a stride length of 20-21 inches. Alternatively, check out ellipticals that have adjustable stride lengths, that way you can target different muscle groups during your workout.
- Will your machine grow with you? Most ellipticals offer adjustable resistance levels. But you want to make sure you purchase a machine that will give you room to grow and get stronger in terms of resistance. When you first hop-on, it should be very easy to stride at the lowest setting and be challenging at about 75 percent resistance. This gives you room to work on your muscular strength and endurance.
- What does your space look like? There’s no way around it, ellipticals take up space. On average, ellipticals are about 6 feet long by 2.5 feet wide. And keep in mind that the pedals may extend out behind the back of the machine when in use. If you’re short on space, go for a more compact elliptical machine or opt for one that has wheels so you can easily wheel it from room to room between use.
- What are your training goals? If you plan on using your elliptical for recovery purposes or a few times a week max, you can reach your goals with a value-priced (less expensive) elliptical. If you plan to exercise for an hour or more every day and perform high-intensity interval training exercises on your machine, you will want a higher-end elliptical that can match your effort and go the distance.
- Noise level: If you live in an apartment or have housemates that still nap (talking about your little ones here), consider a quiet machine. When you’re looking at our models, consider the weight and location of the flywheel. Add an extra-dense mat under the unit to not only cut down on noise but protect your rental flooring from wear and tear as well.
- Do you need a little extra motivation? Exercise programs can add a bit of variety and some spice to your cardio routine. Most machines come with a few programs installed or let you create your own manual setting. Check out the different program options on our ellipticals and pick the one that will help you get on the machine and work towards your goals.
- Cool features: Finally, cool features. We’ve saved the best for last. After you’ve narrowed down your top picks based on your “must-haves”, some added features might help you narrow down your pick. Heart rate sensors, Bluetooth connectivity, and device holders are all things to consider when choosing your elliptical from Fitness Town.
Expert Guidance To Help You Choose
Fitness equipment is highly personal and studies show that the right fit has a big impact on your consistency, enjoyment, and success. The Fitness Town Difference is our commitment to fitting you with equipment that will go the distance. We want you to build an environment for fitness that removes barriers and makes it easier for you to move more, at any age and every stage. Let us help you discover what moves you.