Octane® Max Ro - Rowing Machine
Perfect for warmups to HIIT workouts, dual resistance means more intensity levels to help you reach your goals. Power of a commercial-grade rower at home.Item # 100877
Out of Stock
Shipping Calculated at checkout
Magnetic + Fan Resistance
The Octane Rō uses a unique combined fan and magnetic brake resistance giving you a broader range of intensity levels for your workouts. For easy warmups to intense HIIT intervals, this commercial-grade rower accommodates athletes of all skill levels. Progressive resistance provides a continuous challenge to users of the Octane Rō pushing you to unlock your power and achieve your fitness goals.
Quick-Release Foot Strap
This patent-pending quick-release foot strap is a game-changer for indoor rowing machines. HIIT and CrossFit athletes know how frustrating being tangled in a foot strap can be. And wasting precious seconds getting yourself strapped in for your circuit can ruin your workout. This hassle-free method lets users quickly insert their feet and pull up on the handle for a secure fit. When it’s time to hop off, simply push the button, and the strap releases. It’s that simple!
Unique MultiGrip Handlebar
Unlike the standard handlebars on indoor rowers, the Octane Rō features a redesigned MultiGrip handlebar. This grip provides several natural hand positions to accommodate a variety of users preferences and enhance comfort, while better engaging muscles in the chest, back, and arms. As a bonus, this MultiGrip handlebar means you can try out different workout styles, like a canoeing or kayaking motion – the possibilities are endless!
7-Inch LCD Console
This oversized console boasts 7-inches of backlit LCD screen for easy readability, even during your sweatiest HIIT workout. Featuring a dynamic calorie reader that shows you your best and current efforts simultaneously, you’ll have all the motivation you need to outwork yourself. Other real-time performance metrics include strokes per minute, watts, distance, time, calories, and heart rate.
Space-Saving for Storage
The already small footprint of the Octane Rō offers additional portability and storage option for users during and after their workout. With portability features to easily transport from room to room or station to station, this indoor rower can accommodate many different workouts or circuits. And when you’ve finished your workout, simply tip the rower up onto it’s base for convenient, efficient storage when not in use.
Oversized Handlebar Catch
Octane knows your grip can slip when the sweat starts to drip during an intense workout. That’s why the Octane Rō Rower features an oversized handlebar catch to make it simple and safe to grab and store the handlebar so workouts can begin and end quickly and without a hitch.
- Comfortable Seat
- Interval Programs (Max 14, Max Circuit)
- Small Footprint
IN YOUR HOME OR OFFICE
FEATURES: TECHNOLOGY, CONFIGURATION, & CONVENIENCE
Fitness Town chose Octane because of our aligned values to help everyone move more at every age and any stage, their quality products, and their personalized customer service. Octane is dedicated to manufacturing exclusively zero-impact cardio equipment. By creating multiple new ways to exercise with an ever-evolving zero-impact training landscape, Octane is breaking barriers to fitness for many people who are greatly impacted by, or unable to do impact-driven exercises.
Why you should bring Cardio Equipment home?
- 4-season / 24HR training safely – No limitations or concerns due to weather or time-of-day
- Reduced or controlled impact for injured, recovering, or aging bodies
- Steady/safe/controlled terrain for injured, recovering, or aging bodies
- Health benefits of cardio exercise equipment include: improved heart/cardiovascular health, lower blood pressure, helps to regulate blood sugar, can reduce asthma symptoms, can reduce chronic pain, can aid in sleep, increases daily caloric burn to reduce fat, can strengthen the immune system, shown to boost your mood, contributes to a reduced risk of falls.
Buying a Rowing Machine
Fitness Town has curated a range of quality rowers that pass various tests from our team of experts. After decades in the fitness industry, we’ve developed a good understanding of your needs, regardless of age or fitness level. We consider everything like industry standards, diverse physical statures, and training requirements and goals. When you buy a product from Fitness Town, you can feel confident knowing that it lives up to our high standards. All that’s left is finding the perfect match for you.
Here are some things to consider when comparing our rowing machines:
- What are the different types of rowers? There are four categories of rowers. Understanding the different characteristics and types of resistance is important in determining which one is right for you.
- Air resistance is the most common type of rower in home gyms and commercial health clubs. The resistance level of this rower is determined by the user’s output. More intensity=more resistance. Air rowers generally require minimal maintenance and produce a smooth stroke, but keep in mind the fan blades can be a bit noisy.
- Hydraulic Piston rowers are considered “budget rowers”. They are the lowest-priced of all models, the most compact, and the easiest to store away between use. Hydraulic pistons create resistance that is adjustable with levels or clamps. This type of resistance is relatively quiet, but users will find the stroke isn’t as smooth and requires regular maintenance. Nevertheless, you can still achieve a great overall cardio workout with this rower.
- Magnetic resistance is the quietest and smoothest option on the market. The resistance level is adjustable through mechanical sliders or by digital console controls and overall requires minimal maintenance. They are also usually smaller than air rowers and water rowers, making them a great option for home use.
- Finally, water rowers. Water rowers provide the most authentic “open water” rowing experience. A water flywheel tank and paddles create a drag that acts as resistance. Like air rowers, the faster you row, the more resistance you achieve. Overall, they require virtually zero maintenance. If you want to row away your stress, the relaxing whooshing of the water on this one is extra soothing.
- Are you going to share your rower? The number of people in your house and how often you plan to use your rower will all impact the wear and tear on your machine. We carry high-end commercial-grade models that can withstand heavy use. Also, consider the different resistance strengths of the users in your home (unlimited might be the way to go if everyone’s at different levels).
- What are your training goals? Someone just starting their fitness journey will have different needs for their rower than a CrossFit competitor, and that is perfectly okay. We just want to make sure we help you pick the best rower for your goals. If you are planning to exercise a few times a week at a low intensity, a value-priced rower might be perfect for you. If you plan on performing HIIT or circuit training on your rower, you will want to opt for a commercial-grade model that can keep up with your training and requires minimal maintenance.
- Are you training for a CrossFit competition or another fitness event? Most CrossFit and fitness competitions use air rowers during their events. It’s beneficial to practice on a machine that is most like the one you would use during the live event.
Are you looking for an on-the-water simulation? If you row on the water, it’s important for you to choose a machine that offers a life-like rowing motion and variable resistance that resembles a boat in the water. Off-season rowers should check out our selection of air or water resistance rowing machines for the closest match you can find on dry land.
- Your weight: Manufacturers post maximum weight limits to keep you safe. It’s important that your rower is stable and can accommodate your weight. If the rower wobbles or shifts back and forth during your ride, this not only puts excessive wear and tear on your machine but is also a safety hazard. Check the weight limit on the rower and if you are at the top end, consider a rower with a higher limit for your safety.
- Will it fit your space? Rowers are one of the easiest pieces of cardio equipment to fit into your existing space. Some wooden models are designed to blend seamlessly into your home décor, while others can either be stored upright or apart in two pieces to optimize your space.
- Are you living in close quarters? Different resistance methods create different noise levels. If you cohabitate or enjoy watching tv while you row, you might want to consider a magnetic or water rower that produces minimal noise.
- Will it fit your height? If you’re tall and need extra leg room or if you struggle with back or knee issues, consider a rower that has a higher entry point. An add-on riser is also a great option to add some height to your rowing machine.
- Cool features: Finally, cool features. Unlike treadmills, rowers are manual workouts. So, while these features are not necessary to complete your cardio workout, they are what we’d call “nice-to-haves”. The considerations above are important features to narrow down your options. Other factors like a display screen, workout programs, Bluetooth, and heart rate connectivity are not essential, but they will help you nail down the perfect rower to fit you and your goals. Just remember, your rowing machine purchase doesn’t need to be swayed by a cool connected fitness app or program. Nowadays, you can use these apps with any rower, so focus on finding the one that’s the right quality and price for you.
SHOW US YOURS
Show us your home or office fitness environment. Inspire others to fit opportunities for movement into their space. Follow, like, pin, and tag us. Have your spaces shown here.
Expert Guidance To Help You Choose
Fitness equipment is highly personal and studies show that the right fit has a big impact on your consistency, enjoyment, and success. The Fitness Town Difference is our commitment to fitting you with equipment that will go the distance. We want you to build an environment for fitness that removes barriers and makes it easier for you to move more, at any age and every stage. Let us help you discover what moves you.