Octane® Max MTX Trainer (Intuitive Console)
Elliptical functional trainer that helps you achieve powerful results in as little as 14 minutes a day. Combination fan and magnetic resistance for user control.Item # 111950-500
Out of Stock
Shipping Calculated at checkout
The Max Trainer gives you all the motivation you need to push through your workout. The ultra-intuitive console offers instant feedback on calories burned per minute, encouraging you to push yourself further to really max out your effort. At a glance, you can track time, floors, pace, and total calories so it’s easy to make intensity adjustments as needed to really hit your goals in every steady-state or HIIT session.
Fan + Magnetic Brake Resistance
This functional trainer features a combination of fan and magnetic resistance, giving you all the power to control the intensity of your workout. This unique combination means that there is a super-fast transition from zero to full throttle when you hop on the trainer, and no adjustments are required to reach your ideal level thanks to the instant resistance change. Challenge yourself on the Octane Max Trainer, the harder you push, the harder the workout – you can’t max out the Max Trainer!
Multiple hand placement options on the ergonomic Max Trainer handlebars offer customized comfort for a variety of exercises of all sizes. Unlike traditional ellipticals, these unique handlebars fully engage your upper body during your workout, yielding more results for your chest, back, shoulders and arms and resulting in a total-body workout.
- 9” stride height
- Small footprint
- Ideal for circuit training, small group, or steady-state cardio
IN YOUR HOME OR OFFICE
FEATURES: TECHNOLOGY, CONFIGURATION, & CONVENIENCE
Fitness Town chose Octane because of our aligned values to help everyone move more at every age and any stage, their quality products, and their personalized customer service. Octane is dedicated to manufacturing exclusively zero-impact cardio equipment. By creating multiple new ways to exercise with an ever-evolving zero-impact training landscape, Octane is breaking barriers to fitness for many people who are greatly impacted by, or unable to do impact-driven exercises.
Why you should bring Cardio Equipment home?
- 4-season / 24HR training safely – No limitations or concerns due to weather or time-of-day
- Reduced or controlled impact for injured, recovering, or aging bodies
- Steady/safe/controlled terrain for injured, recovering, or aging bodies
- Health benefits of cardio exercise equipment include: improved heart/cardiovascular health, lower blood pressure, helps to regulate blood sugar, can reduce asthma symptoms, can reduce chronic pain, can aid in sleep, increases daily caloric burn to reduce fat, can strengthen the immune system, shown to boost your mood, contributes to a reduced risk of falls.
Buying an Elliptical
Fitness Town has curated a range of quality ellipticals that pass various tests from our team of experts. After decades in the fitness industry, we’ve developed a good understanding of your needs, regardless of age or fitness level. We consider everything like industry standards, diverse physical statures, and training requirements and goals. When you buy a product from Fitness Town, you can feel confident knowing that it lives up to our high standards. All that’s left is finding the perfect match for you.
Here are some things to consider when comparing our ellipticals:
- What are the different elliptical styles? There are three basic designs in elliptical machines: centre-drive, front-drive, and rear-drive. Understanding the difference will help you decide which elliptical will best fit your space, stride, and goals.
- Center-drive ellipticals are like treadmills in the sense that the pedals are where the belt would be. They offer a gentle ride and generally have the smallest footprint, although you still need to consider the total length when the pedals are fully extended.
- Front-drive ellipticals feature the wheelhouse on the front of the machine. These models tend to be the most affordable because of their basic design. These models can be noisy and vibrate, so that’s something to consider.
- Rear-drive ellipticals are the longest of the three designs and feature a smaller wheelhouse located behind the pedals.
- Your stride length: If you’re tall, you’ll want to find an elliptical machine that can accommodate your longer stride. For users up to 5’7”, a stride length of 16-18 inches will work. For users 5’7” to 6’7”, opt for an elliptical with a stride length of 20-21 inches. Alternatively, check out ellipticals that have adjustable stride lengths, that way you can target different muscle groups during your workout.
- Will your machine grow with you? Most ellipticals offer adjustable resistance levels. But you want to make sure you purchase a machine that will give you room to grow and get stronger in terms of resistance. When you first hop-on, it should be very easy to stride at the lowest setting and be challenging at about 75 percent resistance. This gives you room to work on your muscular strength and endurance.
- What does your space look like? There’s no way around it, ellipticals take up space. On average, ellipticals are about 6 feet long by 2.5 feet wide. And keep in mind that the pedals may extend out behind the back of the machine when in use. If you’re short on space, go for a more compact elliptical machine or opt for one that has wheels so you can easily wheel it from room to room between use.
- What are your training goals? If you plan on using your elliptical for recovery purposes or a few times a week max, you can reach your goals with a value-priced (less expensive) elliptical. If you plan to exercise for an hour or more every day and perform high-intensity interval training exercises on your machine, you will want a higher-end elliptical that can match your effort and go the distance.
- Noise level: If you live in an apartment or have housemates that still nap (talking about your little ones here), consider a quiet machine. When you’re looking at our models, consider the weight and location of the flywheel. Add an extra-dense mat under the unit to not only cut down on noise but protect your rental flooring from wear and tear as well.
- Do you need a little extra motivation? Exercise programs can add a bit of variety and some spice to your cardio routine. Most machines come with a few programs installed or let you create your own manual setting. Check out the different program options on our ellipticals and pick the one that will help you get on the machine and work towards your goals.
- Cool features: Finally, cool features. We’ve saved the best for last. After you’ve narrowed down your top picks based on your “must-haves”, some added features might help you narrow down your pick. Heart rate sensors, Bluetooth connectivity, and device holders are all things to consider when choosing your elliptical from Fitness Town.
SHOW US YOURS
Show us your home or office fitness environment. Inspire others to fit opportunities for movement into their space. Follow, like, pin, and tag us. Have your spaces shown here.
Expert Guidance To Help You Choose
Fitness equipment is highly personal and studies show that the right fit has a big impact on your consistency, enjoyment, and success. The Fitness Town Difference is our commitment to fitting you with equipment that will go the distance. We want you to build an environment for fitness that removes barriers and makes it easier for you to move more, at any age and every stage. Let us help you discover what moves you.