LifeFitness IC5 Indoor Cycle
Fast spinning flywheel, heavy-duty frame, 100 levels of magnetic resistance create a smooth, quiet ride. Reach fitness goals faster with Color By Coach intensity guide.Item # IC-LFIC5B2-01
Out of Stock
WattRate® LCD Computer
See all your essential cycling stats with the WattRate LCD computer. Special features include a fully integrated LCD screen with an on-demand backlight function and an LED indicator located above the LCD screen, giving you the option to apply Coach By Color. The five touch sensor buttons ensure fast operation of the computer, even during your sweatiest workout.
Get Connected with Bluetooth
Reach your fitness goals faster with the connectivity of the IC5 Cycle Computer. Through Bluetooth or ANT+ you can pair your training applications to view, save, and track workout history – so you can constantly work towards beating your old record.
COACH BY COLOR®
Experience real-time, color-coded biofeedback as you ride with the Coach By Color training system. The LED indicator above the LCD screen will display your WattRate (power) or heart rate in five colored zones. Easily view your data on one of the training console’s four screens.
Rapid Magnetic Resistance
The rapid resistance dial on the IC5 cycle gives you tactile feedback and allows for quick adjustments. Located directly beneath the handlebars, the 300-degree dial can be reached from any riding position so you can increase or decrease resistance without a hitch.
The IC5 is designed for longevity and comfort. With a sleek, comfortable unisex saddle featuring an opening at the heart of the seat, you’ll be able to ride longer with relieved pressure on your body. Ergonomic handlebars are made of soft PVC and feature curves for easy riding and more support. For ultimate customization, superior 4-way adjustments offer you a unique fit. Move the seat and handlebars forward, backward, up, and down to ensure a finely tuned fit for all riders.
Real Bike Feel
Feel the familiarity of a road bike with the Life Fitness IC5’s unique 155m Q Factor. Additional benefits include increased safety, comfort, and efficiency with each pedal stroke. The off-set frame provides a perfect geometry allowing for a wide range of bike adjustments.
- Dual integrated water bottle holder
- SPD-Compatible pedals
- Oversized stabilizer bars
- 4 leveling feet
IN YOUR HOME OR OFFICE
FEATURES: TECHNOLOGY, CONFIGURATION, & CONVENIENCE
Fitness Town chose Life Fitness because of our aligned values around inspiring healthier lives and shifting the focus in our industry from product sales to creating environments for fitness that inspire people to use and enjoy their equipment regularly. Life Fitness’s goal is to connect people emotionally to their fitness journey and feel inspired, motivated, and energized. Their drive for innovation and performance has driven the development of all their products and, since their inception, has set a standard of quality, safety, and integrity in the industry.
Why you should bring Cardio Equipment home?
- 4-season / 24HR training safely – No limitations or concerns due to weather or time-of-day
- Reduced or controlled impact for injured, recovering, or aging bodies
- Steady/safe/controlled terrain for injured, recovering, or aging bodies
- Health benefits of cardio exercise equipment include: improved heart/cardiovascular health, lower blood pressure, helps to regulate blood sugar, can reduce asthma symptoms, can reduce chronic pain, can aid in sleep, increases daily caloric burn to reduce fat, can strengthen the immune system, shown to boost your mood, contributes to a reduced risk of falls.
Buying a Bike
Fitness Town has curated a range of quality bikes that pass various tests from our team of experts. After decades in the fitness industry, we’ve developed a good understanding of your needs, regardless of age or fitness level. We consider everything like industry standards, diverse physical statures, and training requirements and goals. When you buy a product from Fitness Town, you can feel confident knowing that it lives up to our high standards. All that’s left is finding the perfect match for you.
Here are some things to consider when comparing our bikes:
- What are the different types of bikes? Covering the most important question first. It’s important you understand the types of bikes on the market to determine which one is right for you.
- Spin (or indoor cycling) bikes will mimic a road bike the closest. These bikes feature a flywheel design with adjustable resistance that is usually controlled with a twist knob. With spin bikes, you have the option to choose magnetic or friction resistance. Magnetic resistance will feel the most natural and give a smooth ride. Friction resistance will be found on less expensive bikes and is increased by creating pressure on the flywheel with a felt pad. This type of resistance will wear out faster than magnetic resistance, but it will definitely get the job done.
- Upright bikes also mimic traditional bicycles, but some users find them slightly more comfortable for steady-state cardio. These bikes will have a wider, more padded seat and resistance is generally controlled with buttons rather than a knob.
- Recumbent bikes are the most supportive and feature a wide, contoured seat that provides coverage for the lower and middle back. The pedals are placed farther in front of the body, which allows the rider to slightly recline while pedaling. This type of bike is great for physical therapy.
- Finally, air bikes (or dual-action bikes). As indicated by its name, these bikes use air resistance to control the intensity. They feature a large fan wheel and wide handles that move back and forth as the user pedals, allowing for upper body engagement. This model offers “unlimited resistance” – the harder you push, the more challenging the workout becomes.
- What are your training goals? Someone recovering from knee surgery will most likely pick a different style bike than a CrossFitter. If you are looking for a bike to help you ease into a training routine, recover from an injury, or perform low-intensity, steady-state cardio, then you might want to go with an upright or recumbent bike. If you are looking for a heart-pumping, high-intensity workout that will burn a lot of calories, the air bike or the spin bike would be your go-to.
- Your weight and the weight of the bike: Manufacturers post maximum weight limits to keep you safe. It’s important that your bike is stable. If the bike wobbles or shifts back and forth during your ride, this not only puts excessive wear and tear on your machine but is also a safety hazard. Check the weight limit on the bike, but also the weight of the bike itself. The heavier the bike is, the sturdier and more stable it’ll be during your ride.
- Will you ride when the house is asleep? Even though you like to train at 5 AM, your housemate might not appreciate that early morning wake-up call. It’s important to note when purchasing a bike that the different types of resistance methods will also produce different levels of noise. If you cohabitate or enjoy watching tv while you ride your bike, you might want to pick a bike that offers a nearly silent ride.
- Will it fit your height? If you’re tall and need extra leg room, or you’re on the shorter side and need to bring the handlebars closer, it’s important to consider the bike’s adjustability. We recommend one of our bikes with customizable seat and handlebar heights if you want to accommodate individual preferences.
- Cool features: Finally, cool features. These are what we’d call “nice-to-haves”. The considerations above are important features to narrow down your options. Other factors like a display screen, workout programs, and heart rate connectivity are not essential, but they will help you decide on the perfect bike to fit you and your goals. Just remember, your bike purchase doesn’t need to be swayed by a cool connected fitness app or program. Nowadays, you can use these apps with any bike, so focus on finding the one that’s the right quality and price for you.
Expert Guidance To Help You Choose
Fitness equipment is highly personal and studies show that the right fit has a big impact on your consistency, enjoyment, and success. The Fitness Town Difference is our commitment to fitting you with equipment that will go the distance. We want you to build an environment for fitness that removes barriers and makes it easier for you to move more, at any age and every stage. Let us help you discover what moves you.