Life Fitness Group Exercise Bike IC6 Base and Console
High-quality, innovative design offers smooth magnetic resistance and powerful performance metrics with Coach By Color programs. Studio cycle experience at home.Item # IC-LFIC6B1-01
Out of Stock
WattRate® TFT Computer 2.0
Life Fitness redesigned the WattRate TFT computer for an even better experience. Features like intuitive exerciser navigation, high-speed connection and easier handling with lit buttons give a robust user experience. With a self-powered generator, the TFT computer is ready whenever you are, powering on as you ride. A bright, full-color LED display makes it easy to track your stats from any angle. The patented design feature of the TFT computer displays training for both user and trainer.
Easily connect your Myzone heart rate monitor through Bluetooth or ANT+ and input your max heart rate to see your Myzone color zone in real time throughout your workout, giving you all the motivation you need to push yourself to your limit!
Feel the Heat with COACH BY COLOR®
Bring the heat with patented Coach By Color technology on the Life Fitness IC6 Cycle. Experience the most intuitive, accurate and engaging coaching methodology in the fitness industry through a combined specialist zone features set called “Heat Zones”. These Heat Zones indicated the working ranges as you cycle and offer motivational visual rewards on the WattRate TFT computer when in these percentage ranges (Ignite, Heat, On-fire & Burn). Pair with the Myride Personal or ICG training app for expert instructions to help you achieve your goals.
Rapid Magnetic Resistance
The unique resistance dial on the IC6 cycle gives you tactile feedback and allows for quick adjustments. Located directly beneath the handlebars, the 300-degree dial can be reached from any riding position.
The IC6 is designed with comfort in mind. Featuring a sleek, comfortable unisex saddle with an opening at the heart of the seat, you’ll be able to ride longer with relieved pressure on your body. Ergonomic handlebars are made of soft PVC and feature curves for easy riding and more support. Superior 4-way adjustments are the cherry on top of a completely customized ride. Move the seat and handlebars forward, backward, up, and down to ensure a finely tuned fit for all riders.
High-Performance, Off-Set Frame For a Road Bike Feel
Designed with a unique Q Factor of 155mm for a real road bike feel and increased safety, comfort, and efficiency with each pedal stroke. The off-set frame provides a perfect geometry allowing for a wide range of bike adjustments.
- Dual integrated water bottle holder
- SPD-Compatible pedals
- Oversized stabilizer bars
- 4 leveling feet
IN YOUR HOME OR OFFICE
FEATURES: TECHNOLOGY, CONFIGURATION, & CONVENIENCE
Fitness Town chose Life Fitness because of our aligned values around inspiring healthier lives and shifting the focus in our industry from product sales to creating environments for fitness that inspire people to use and enjoy their equipment regularly. Life Fitness’s goal is to connect people emotionally to their fitness journey and feel inspired, motivated, and energized. Their drive for innovation and performance has driven the development of all their products and, since their inception, has set a standard of quality, safety, and integrity in the industry.
Why you should bring Cardio Equipment home?
- 4-season / 24HR training safely – No limitations or concerns due to weather or time-of-day
- Reduced or controlled impact for injured, recovering, or aging bodies
- Steady/safe/controlled terrain for injured, recovering, or aging bodies
- Health benefits of cardio exercise equipment include: improved heart/cardiovascular health, lower blood pressure, helps to regulate blood sugar, can reduce asthma symptoms, can reduce chronic pain, can aid in sleep, increases daily caloric burn to reduce fat, can strengthen the immune system, shown to boost your mood, contributes to a reduced risk of falls.
Buying a Bike
Fitness Town has curated a range of quality bikes that pass various tests from our team of experts. After decades in the fitness industry, we’ve developed a good understanding of your needs, regardless of age or fitness level. We consider everything like industry standards, diverse physical statures, and training requirements and goals. When you buy a product from Fitness Town, you can feel confident knowing that it lives up to our high standards. All that’s left is finding the perfect match for you.
Here are some things to consider when comparing our bikes:
- What are the different types of bikes? Covering the most important question first. It’s important you understand the types of bikes on the market to determine which one is right for you.
- Spin (or indoor cycling) bikes will mimic a road bike the closest. These bikes feature a flywheel design with adjustable resistance that is usually controlled with a twist knob. With spin bikes, you have the option to choose magnetic or friction resistance. Magnetic resistance will feel the most natural and give a smooth ride. Friction resistance will be found on less expensive bikes and is increased by creating pressure on the flywheel with a felt pad. This type of resistance will wear out faster than magnetic resistance, but it will definitely get the job done.
- Upright bikes also mimic traditional bicycles, but some users find them slightly more comfortable for steady-state cardio. These bikes will have a wider, more padded seat and resistance is generally controlled with buttons rather than a knob.
- Recumbent bikes are the most supportive and feature a wide, contoured seat that provides coverage for the lower and middle back. The pedals are placed farther in front of the body, which allows the rider to slightly recline while pedaling. This type of bike is great for physical therapy.
- Finally, air bikes (or dual-action bikes). As indicated by its name, these bikes use air resistance to control the intensity. They feature a large fan wheel and wide handles that move back and forth as the user pedals, allowing for upper body engagement. This model offers “unlimited resistance” – the harder you push, the more challenging the workout becomes.
- What are your training goals? Someone recovering from knee surgery will most likely pick a different style bike than a CrossFitter. If you are looking for a bike to help you ease into a training routine, recover from an injury, or perform low-intensity, steady-state cardio, then you might want to go with an upright or recumbent bike. If you are looking for a heart-pumping, high-intensity workout that will burn a lot of calories, the air bike or the spin bike would be your go-to.
- Your weight and the weight of the bike: Manufacturers post maximum weight limits to keep you safe. It’s important that your bike is stable. If the bike wobbles or shifts back and forth during your ride, this not only puts excessive wear and tear on your machine but is also a safety hazard. Check the weight limit on the bike, but also the weight of the bike itself. The heavier the bike is, the sturdier and more stable it’ll be during your ride.
- Will you ride when the house is asleep? Even though you like to train at 5 AM, your housemate might not appreciate that early morning wake-up call. It’s important to note when purchasing a bike that the different types of resistance methods will also produce different levels of noise. If you cohabitate or enjoy watching tv while you ride your bike, you might want to pick a bike that offers a nearly silent ride.
- Will it fit your height? If you’re tall and need extra leg room, or you’re on the shorter side and need to bring the handlebars closer, it’s important to consider the bike’s adjustability. We recommend one of our bikes with customizable seat and handlebar heights if you want to accommodate individual preferences.
- Cool features: Finally, cool features. These are what we’d call “nice-to-haves”. The considerations above are important features to narrow down your options. Other factors like a display screen, workout programs, and heart rate connectivity are not essential, but they will help you decide on the perfect bike to fit you and your goals. Just remember, your bike purchase doesn’t need to be swayed by a cool connected fitness app or program. Nowadays, you can use these apps with any bike, so focus on finding the one that’s the right quality and price for you.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Expert Guidance To Help You Choose
Fitness equipment is highly personal and studies show that the right fit has a big impact on your consistency, enjoyment, and success. The Fitness Town Difference is our commitment to fitting you with equipment that will go the distance. We want you to build an environment for fitness that removes barriers and makes it easier for you to move more, at any age and every stage. Let us help you discover what moves you.