Fitness Town Heavy Duty Power Rack / Squate Cage
Commercial-grade squat rack constructed from heavy-duty 3”x3” steel uprights with adjustable safeties for maximum security during heavy lifts. The attached pull-up bar adds workout variety.Item # FH2760
Out of Stock
Securely Squat With Safeties
This heavy-duty squat rack comes with pipe safeties that securely catch the barbell on any failed squat or bench press attempt, minimizing the risk of injury when you lift. The safeties are fully adjustable, so you can move them as high or low as you need to catch your weights.
Push and Pull Versatility
This multi-purpose squat rack features an attached pull-up bar for added versatility and upper body strength workouts. Use it to perform traditional chin-ups or attach some bands or TRX straps – the possibilities are endless!
Band pegs for added resistance and versatility
IN YOUR HOME OR OFFICE
Fitness Town carries a selection of quality, affordable home gym equipment under the house brand name. Sourced from reputable manufacturers around the world, Fitness Town brand products are carefully selected to meet industry standard requirements for safety, quality, and performance. From free weights to recovery tools and accessories, Fitness Town is proud to offer home gym equipment that helps people move more.
Why you should bring Strength Equipment home?
- Strength Equipment brings gym training home, offering weighted push and pull exercises in a broad range of motion
- A common myth is that strength equipment is for young people, body builders, or people serious about sculpting their bodies through muscle growth. Though strength training can be used for those purposes, it’s primarily designed to support the body’s functional abilities
- Moving weight (pushing, pulling, lifting, etc.) plays a critical role in maintaining our body’s functional abilities (bone density, mobility, balance, strength, endurance, etc.) and optimal body composition (fat vs. muscle)
- Increasing muscle mass will increase your total daily energy used (calories) which contributes to fat loss. In other words, it’s strength and not just cardio that helps you lose fat.
- The Strength Equipment category of fitness equipment does require some square footage, though we carry a broad range of configurations and sizes that will surprise you with their ability to offer a full-body strength routine in a more compact space. It is considered by some to be less intimidating and possibly safer or more controlled than using free-weights
- If Strength Equipment isn’t going to fit in your space, it’s important to look at Free Weights and Accessories that provide push and pull resistance.
Buying a Rack or Cage
Fitness Town has curated a range of quality racks & cages that pass various tests from our team of experts. After decades in the fitness industry, we’ve developed a good understanding of your needs, regardless of age or fitness level. We consider everything like industry standards, diverse physical statures, and training requirements and goals. When you buy a product from Fitness Town, you can feel confident knowing that it lives up to our high standards. All that’s left is finding the perfect match for you.
Here are some things to consider when comparing our racks & cages:
- Your environment: Don’t rule out a power rack just because you don’t have a ton of room. Fitness Town carries squat racks with a small footprint that will easily fit into a corner of your home gym. Keep in mind that a full cage/rack will take up the most room, followed by a half-rack, and squat stands take up the least amount of room. You’ll also want to take your ceiling height into account as you choose your unit, you don’t want to be hitting your head as you’re doing pull-ups.
- Do you need storage? With maximizing your home gym floor space in mind, consider a power rack or cage that offers weight plate and barbell storage. Not only will it keep your gym floor nice and tidy, but it will also help you maintain the integrity of your barbell and Olympic plates.
- Versatility: You’ll want to pick a squat rack with a frame that supports a variety of exercises and any add-on attachments you might purchase in the future. It’s important to find a rack that offers versatility to grow with you through your fitness journey, so consider an option that comes equipped with a pull-up bar or add-on accessories like a dip bar or landmine attachment.
- Safety: If you will be training alone, or you’re working towards hitting a new PR, you’ll want to find a rack that comes equipped with spotter arms. These arms will act as a safety net to catch the barbell if you fail a lift – saving you and your floors from injury. Also, consider the material of the rack. Keep in mind that the thicker the gauge of steel, the sturdier the rack will be. Anywhere between 11–14-gauge steel is ideal for home gym use.
- Weight limit: Manufacturers post maximum weight limits to keep you safe. It’s important to choose a rack or cage that can support the weight of your fully-loaded barbell. Make sure you choose a rack with a weight limit that can grow with you as you get stronger in your lifts.
- Your height: If you’re tall, you’ll want to consider a rack taller than 85”. But if you’re on the shorter side, this might be perfect for you. Consider how many people and statures will be sharing your power rack. We carry several racks that offer adjustable J-hooks or varied starting heights to accommodate lifters of all sizes.
- What are your training goals? Keep your goals in mind as you choose your power rack or cage. If you plan to power lift, make sure you choose a heavy-duty rack that can support the load. Also, consider the variety of exercises you want to perform. If you want to jump between squats and bench presses, make sure you choose a rack that is easily adjustable or multi-purpose.
Expert Guidance To Help You Choose
Fitness equipment is highly personal and studies show that the right fit has a big impact on your consistency, enjoyment, and success. The Fitness Town Difference is our commitment to fitting you with equipment that will go the distance. We want you to build an environment for fitness that removes barriers and makes it easier for you to move more, at any age and every stage. Let us help you discover what moves you.