- Soft foam grip handles for added comfort
- Included loading pin for standard weight plates
IN YOUR HOME OR OFFICE
Fitness Town carries a selection of quality, affordable home gym equipment under the house brand name. Sourced from reputable manufacturers around the world, Fitness Town brand products are carefully selected to meet industry standard requirements for safety, quality, and performance. From free weights to recovery tools and accessories, Fitness Town is proud to offer home gym equipment that helps people move more.
Why you should bring Free Weight Equipment home?
- A common myth is that free weights are for young people, body builders, or people serious about sculpting their bodies through muscle growth. Though free weights can be used for those purposes, weight training is for everyone and is critical in supporting the body’s functional abilities.
- Moving weight (pushing, pulling, lifting, etc.) plays a critical role in maintaining our body’s functional abilities (bone density, mobility, balance, strength, endurance, etc.) and optimal body composition (fat vs. muscle).
- Increasing muscle mass will increase your total daily energy used (calories) which contributes to fat loss. In other words, it’s strength and not just cardio that helps you lose fat.
- Free weights offer maximum exercise flexibility – there are limitless ways to push and pull a free weight to promote strength and health. However, some knowledge or guidance is required in order to optimize your movements for effectiveness and safety.
- Free weights offer resistance training in smaller spaces than strength equipment. A few free weights in the right range is all many will need to meet their training needs. There are even adjustable options for a wider weight range in smaller spaces.
- Free weights are generally portable and storable – use them in any room of the house or take them to your favourite outdoor space.
- If you are intimidated by Free Weights, check out our Strength Equipment options or resistance training Accessories.
Buying Lifting Accessories
Fitness Town has curated a range of quality lifting accessories that pass various tests from our team of experts. After decades in the fitness industry, we’ve developed a good understanding of your needs, regardless of age or fitness level. We consider everything like industry standards, diverse physical statures, and training requirements and goals. When you buy a product from Fitness Town, you can feel confident knowing that it lives up to our high standards. All that’s left is finding the perfect match for you.
Here are some things to consider when comparing our lifting accessories:
- Do you need a weightlifting belt? Weightlifting belts help to maintain the proper position of the back during a lift. This is especially important for athletes who are recovering from an injury or advanced athletes going for a new PR. Beginner athletes should learn the fundamentals of weightlifting before using a belt, as it’s meant to aid, not to rely on. Afterward, a belt will help with stability during lifting.
- Will your belt fit? Make sure your belt doesn’t dig into your sides and hips during exercises. Belts that are the same width all around will suit taller athletes best and provide even pressure. But this style might not work for smaller athletes with a short torso. In this scenario, consider one of Fitness Town’s contoured belt options to ensure it fits your back and abdominals without digging into your hip bones.
- Belt material: Choose a material for your weightlifting belt that best suits your lifting style. We carry belts in a variety of materials like leather, Velcro, and suede. Powerlifters will likely enjoy a leather belt as it’s the strongest material and lasts the longest. Whereas most athletes will find a suede belt to be softer and more comfortable, while still providing support thanks to the prong or lever closure. Olympic athletes or CrossFitters will want to check out our Velcro options to accommodate the fast change in exercises.
- Versatility: Consider if you want your weight belt to be multi-functional. We carry options that double as weightlifting belts and weighted belts for dips and pull-ups.
- What are your training goals? How you lift will determine what lifting accessories you need. If you are a powerlifter or someone who loves lifting heavy but doesn’t want the forearm pump, you’ll want to invest in a good set of lifting straps or hooks to go along with your weight belt.
- Your grip: Consider how strong you need your grip to be during a lift. If you don’t want your grip to burn out during heavy lifts or volume work, consider lifting straps to take the load off. If you just want some extra traction during sets, Fitness Town carries a variety of lifting gloves that do the trick. These will not only protect your hands from abrasions but provide a comfortable grip while you exercise.
- Are your wrists or knees your weakness? If you struggle with weak or flimsy wrists during overhead exercises, consider wrist wraps or lifting gloves for some extra wrist support. You may also want to wear a knee wrap or brace. IMPORTANT: Please consult with a doctor or trained professional such as a kinesiologist or sports medicine professional before using any accessories to support weak areas of your body during a lift.
- Lifting strap material: Lifting straps come in a variety of materials that determine their comfort and durability. Consider nylon or leather straps for the best combination of comfort and toughness.
Expert Guidance To Help You Choose
Fitness equipment is highly personal and studies show that the right fit has a big impact on your consistency, enjoyment, and success. The Fitness Town Difference is our commitment to fitting you with equipment that will go the distance. We want you to build an environment for fitness that removes barriers and makes it easier for you to move more, at any age and every stage. Let us help you discover what moves you.