Fitness Town Alpha Sand Bags
Battle-tested, Alpha Sandbags are a must-have tool to improve your muscular and cardio endurance. Durable canvas and flexible handles, perfect for strength and functional workouts.Item # FH7014-S
Constructed from heavy-duty canvas, the Alpha Sandbags were designed to take a beating. The durable insert ensures the sand will stay in the bag, not all over your gym floor. Flexible, strategically placed handles offer greater opportunities for even more workout movements like lunges, deadlifts, burpees, and cleans.
- 3 available sizes: Small (10-30lbs), Medium (15-50lbs), Large (40-80lbs)
- Removable insert is perfect for portability
IN YOUR HOME OR OFFICE
Fitness Town carries a selection of quality, affordable home gym equipment under the house brand name. Sourced from reputable manufacturers around the world, Fitness Town brand products are carefully selected to meet industry standard requirements for safety, quality, and performance. From free weights to recovery tools and accessories, Fitness Town is proud to offer home gym equipment that helps people move more.
Why you should bring Free Weight Equipment home?
- A common myth is that free weights are for young people, body builders, or people serious about sculpting their bodies through muscle growth. Though free weights can be used for those purposes, weight training is for everyone and is critical in supporting the body’s functional abilities.
- Moving weight (pushing, pulling, lifting, etc.) plays a critical role in maintaining our body’s functional abilities (bone density, mobility, balance, strength, endurance, etc.) and optimal body composition (fat vs. muscle).
- Increasing muscle mass will increase your total daily energy used (calories) which contributes to fat loss. In other words, it’s strength and not just cardio that helps you lose fat.
- Free weights offer maximum exercise flexibility – there are limitless ways to push and pull a free weight to promote strength and health. However, some knowledge or guidance is required in order to optimize your movements for effectiveness and safety.
- Free weights offer resistance training in smaller spaces than strength equipment. A few free weights in the right range is all many will need to meet their training needs. There are even adjustable options for a wider weight range in smaller spaces.
- Free weights are generally portable and storable – use them in any room of the house or take them to your favourite outdoor space.
- If you are intimidated by Free Weights, check out our Strength Equipment options or resistance training Accessories.
Fitness Town has curated a range of quality sandbags that pass various tests from our team of experts. After decades in the fitness industry, we’ve developed a good understanding of your needs, regardless of age or fitness level. We consider everything like industry standards, diverse physical statures, and training requirements and goals. When you buy a product from Fitness Town, you can feel confident knowing that it lives up to our high standards. All that’s left is finding the perfect match for you.
Here are some things to consider when comparing our sandbags:
- Your training goals: When you’re choosing a sandbag, it’s important that you first decide what its purpose will be. Whether you’re using it for functional fitness training, general exercise, or strength training will all impact your purchase. If you’re planning on using your sandbag for aggressive exercises like throwing, slamming, or dragging, then consider a more robust sandbag made with heavy-duty materials that can withstand the abuse.
- Pre-filled vs unfilled: Sandbags often come in pre-filled or unfilled options. While a pre-filled bag may be more convenient initially, you can’t adjust them to increase the weight as you get stronger. Fitness Town offers unfilled sandbags so you can completely customize them to your training needs, adding or removing sand to fit different exercises.
- Weight capacity: Following the previous point, check the weight capacity of your sandbag. If you’re just starting out, a lighter sandbag will be ideal. You can always add more sand in the future as you grow in your journey.
- What’s it made of? You’ll want to make sure that your sandbag is constructed of durable materials. Otherwise, you’ll be building your own beach as the sand slowly leaks out during your workout. Fitness Town sandbags are made of heavy-duty nylon to ensure maximum durability and include liners as an extra layer of protection between your bag and the sand.
- Is it suited for outdoor use? If you plan on doing most of your training outdoors, you’ll want to make sure your sandbag can withstand your environment. The outdoor conditions will all take a toll on your sandbag, which is why Fitness Town sandbags are all made from heavy-duty nylon and are built for the elements.
- The handles: You don’t want your grip to burn out before you’ve finished the exercise. Consider the placement of the handles on your sandbag. They should be in strategic positions so you can easily grip the bag to perform the exercises you want without completely blowing out your forearms (unless that’s your goal, of course). Also, look for padding on the handles if you’re concerned about grip comfort.
Expert Guidance To Help You Choose
Fitness equipment is highly personal and studies show that the right fit has a big impact on your consistency, enjoyment, and success. The Fitness Town Difference is our commitment to fitting you with equipment that will go the distance. We want you to build an environment for fitness that removes barriers and makes it easier for you to move more, at any age and every stage. Let us help you discover what moves you.