Concept2 RowErg Rowing Machine - Standard
The clean design that delivers a smooth and efficient full-body workout makes this machine one of the best-selling indoor rowers in the world. Durable, easy to maintain.Item # 2712-US
Powerful PM5 Performance Monitor for Reliable Workout Data
- Provides repeatable, comparable data for every workout.
- Offers a simple “Just Row” mode or allows you to set up a variety of workouts.
- Shows a wide range of data, including pace, watts, stroke rate and calories
- Automatically stores this information in either its internal memory or a USB drive.
- An easy option to transfer your workouts to a free Online Logbook.
Integrated Device Holder
Each RowErg comes with a device holder that allows you to keep your smartphone or tablet securely in place. The device holder fits everything from small smartphones to large tablets such as the iPad Pro and is easily and quickly adjustable. Now it’s easier than ever to use ErgData, or any of your other favourite apps while rowing.
Flywheel and Damper
- Using air resistance to respond to your effort on every stroke, the RowErg you are always in full control of your exertion and resistance.
- Features a spiral damper that allows easy adjustment of the airflow to the flywheel, so you can change the feel of the stroke to suit your preference.
- Flywheel design that minimizes noise while maximizing a smooth feel.
Adjustable Footrests and Ergonomic Handle
- Adjustable footrests allow for quick and easy sizing to fit a wide range of shoe sizes.
- The ergonomic handle is designed with a 10-degree bend that allows you to row comfortably with a natural arm and hand position.
Durable, Yet Easy to Maintain Construction
Famous for its durability, the RowErg is made tough and built to last. Its design can withstand rigorous use in boathouses, training centers, living rooms, hotels, health clubs and military bases around the world.
Storage and Mobility
The RowErg is easy to wheel around for workouts and can be quickly separated into two pieces (no tools required) for compact storage. Ideal for homes or gyms that need flexible multi-use space.
- Get connected! The RowErg includes one PM5 Performance monitor with many training options. It connects via Bluetooth to your smartphone or tablet and is compatible with over 30 different apps, including ErgData. Whether you’re after online classes, coaching and training programs or virtual racing, there’s an app to suit you.
- Easy To Assemble: it takes only 20-30 minutes to assemble the RowErg. It comes with all necessary tools and clear, illustrated instructions, as well as an assembly video tutorial.
- One Machine, Two Height Options. The standard RowErg has a 14” seat height, while the elevated version has taller legs that provide a 20” seat height. The elevated version is a good choice if you like the convenience and appearance of a taller machine. The increased seat height can also make it easier to get on and off.
- Option for Team Training or On Water Simulation. The Concept2 Slide (sold separately) adds an on-water feel to your RowErg and allows you to connect multiple RowErgs (Model C, D, E or current model) for team training.
IN YOUR HOME OR OFFICE
FEATURES: TECHNOLOGY, CONFIGURATION, & CONVENIENCE
First created in 1976 by Olympic Athletes, Concept2 is considered the brand of choice for many rowers. They are committed to continuous product innovation and the promotion of rowing as a lifelong activity that is accessible to all. Their dedication to excellence and promoting healthy lifestyles for people of all ages aligns to Fitness Town’s own mission. Discover more about the Concept2 RowERG, a full body, low-impact workout enjoyed by individuals of all ages and abilities.
Why you should bring Cardio Equipment home?
- 4-season / 24HR training safely – No limitations or concerns due to weather or time-of-day
- Reduced or controlled impact for injured, recovering, or aging bodies
- Steady/safe/controlled terrain for injured, recovering, or aging bodies
- Health benefits of cardio exercise equipment include: improved heart/cardiovascular health, lower blood pressure, helps to regulate blood sugar, can reduce asthma symptoms, can reduce chronic pain, can aid in sleep, increases daily caloric burn to reduce fat, can strengthen the immune system, shown to boost your mood, contributes to a reduced risk of falls.
Buying a Rowing Machine
Fitness Town has curated a range of quality rowers that pass various tests from our team of experts. After decades in the fitness industry, we’ve developed a good understanding of your needs, regardless of age or fitness level. We consider everything like industry standards, diverse physical statures, and training requirements and goals. When you buy a product from Fitness Town, you can feel confident knowing that it lives up to our high standards. All that’s left is finding the perfect match for you.
Here are some things to consider when comparing our rowing machines:
- What are the different types of rowers? There are four categories of rowers. Understanding the different characteristics and types of resistance is important in determining which one is right for you.
- Air resistance is the most common type of rower in home gyms and commercial health clubs. The resistance level of this rower is determined by the user’s output. More intensity=more resistance. Air rowers generally require minimal maintenance and produce a smooth stroke, but keep in mind the fan blades can be a bit noisy.
- Hydraulic Piston rowers are considered “budget rowers”. They are the lowest-priced of all models, the most compact, and the easiest to store away between use. Hydraulic pistons create resistance that is adjustable with levels or clamps. This type of resistance is relatively quiet, but users will find the stroke isn’t as smooth and requires regular maintenance. Nevertheless, you can still achieve a great overall cardio workout with this rower.
- Magnetic resistance is the quietest and smoothest option on the market. The resistance level is adjustable through mechanical sliders or by digital console controls and overall requires minimal maintenance. They are also usually smaller than air rowers and water rowers, making them a great option for home use.
- Finally, water rowers. Water rowers provide the most authentic “open water” rowing experience. A water flywheel tank and paddles create a drag that acts as resistance. Like air rowers, the faster you row, the more resistance you achieve. Overall, they require virtually zero maintenance. If you want to row away your stress, the relaxing whooshing of the water on this one is extra soothing.
- Are you going to share your rower? The number of people in your house and how often you plan to use your rower will all impact the wear and tear on your machine. We carry high-end commercial-grade models that can withstand heavy use. Also, consider the different resistance strengths of the users in your home (unlimited might be the way to go if everyone’s at different levels).
- What are your training goals? Someone just starting their fitness journey will have different needs for their rower than a CrossFit competitor, and that is perfectly okay. We just want to make sure we help you pick the best rower for your goals. If you are planning to exercise a few times a week at a low intensity, a value-priced rower might be perfect for you. If you plan on performing HIIT or circuit training on your rower, you will want to opt for a commercial-grade model that can keep up with your training and requires minimal maintenance.
- Are you training for a CrossFit competition or another fitness event? Most CrossFit and fitness competitions use air rowers during their events. It’s beneficial to practice on a machine that is most like the one you would use during the live event.
Are you looking for an on-the-water simulation? If you row on the water, it’s important for you to choose a machine that offers a life-like rowing motion and variable resistance that resembles a boat in the water. Off-season rowers should check out our selection of air or water resistance rowing machines for the closest match you can find on dry land.
- Your weight: Manufacturers post maximum weight limits to keep you safe. It’s important that your rower is stable and can accommodate your weight. If the rower wobbles or shifts back and forth during your ride, this not only puts excessive wear and tear on your machine but is also a safety hazard. Check the weight limit on the rower and if you are at the top end, consider a rower with a higher limit for your safety.
- Will it fit your space? Rowers are one of the easiest pieces of cardio equipment to fit into your existing space. Some wooden models are designed to blend seamlessly into your home décor, while others can either be stored upright or apart in two pieces to optimize your space.
- Are you living in close quarters? Different resistance methods create different noise levels. If you cohabitate or enjoy watching tv while you row, you might want to consider a magnetic or water rower that produces minimal noise.
- Will it fit your height? If you’re tall and need extra leg room or if you struggle with back or knee issues, consider a rower that has a higher entry point. An add-on riser is also a great option to add some height to your rowing machine.
- Cool features: Finally, cool features. Unlike treadmills, rowers are manual workouts. So, while these features are not necessary to complete your cardio workout, they are what we’d call “nice-to-haves”. The considerations above are important features to narrow down your options. Other factors like a display screen, workout programs, Bluetooth, and heart rate connectivity are not essential, but they will help you nail down the perfect rower to fit you and your goals. Just remember, your rowing machine purchase doesn’t need to be swayed by a cool connected fitness app or program. Nowadays, you can use these apps with any rower, so focus on finding the one that’s the right quality and price for you.
Expert Guidance To Help You Choose
Fitness equipment is highly personal and studies show that the right fit has a big impact on your consistency, enjoyment, and success. The Fitness Town Difference is our commitment to fitting you with equipment that will go the distance. We want you to build an environment for fitness that removes barriers and makes it easier for you to move more, at any age and every stage. Let us help you discover what moves you.