Cap Barbell Deluxe Power Rack
Perfect for beginners and professional lifters. Constructed with 12 and 14 gauge steel, 3-step powder coat finish, exceptional durability, effective body weight and resistance training.Item # FM-CB8000F
Out of Stock
Shipping Calculated at checkout
Steel construction comprised of 12- and 14-gauge steel thickness. The overhead workout station is made with high-grade tubular steel. All tube seams are welded to provide additional strength and stability.
Bar holders incorporate an ABS sleeve to prevent scratches while storing or removing a bar.
Safe and Reliable
3-step powder coat finish for exceptional durability; gussets for extra reinforced support; capped frame ends to prevent oxidation.
Two safety catches and two j-cup bar catches to provide additional security during strength training exercises. There are also mounting tabs so you can mount the FM-CB8000F directly to the floor (hardware not included) for maximum stability and safety.
Weight Plate Storage
Two storage posts provide added storage for your Olympic weight plates. Intended for Olympic weight plates only -2-inch center hole.
IN YOUR HOME OR OFFICE
Why you should bring Free Weight Equipment home?
- A common myth is that free weights are for young people, body builders, or people serious about sculpting their bodies through muscle growth. Though free weights can be used for those purposes, weight training is for everyone and is critical in supporting the body’s functional abilities.
- Moving weight (pushing, pulling, lifting, etc.) plays a critical role in maintaining our body’s functional abilities (bone density, mobility, balance, strength, endurance, etc.) and optimal body composition (fat vs. muscle).
- Increasing muscle mass will increase your total daily energy used (calories) which contributes to fat loss. In other words, it’s strength and not just cardio that helps you lose fat.
- Free weights offer maximum exercise flexibility – there are limitless ways to push and pull a free weight to promote strength and health. However, some knowledge or guidance is required in order to optimize your movements for effectiveness and safety.
- Free weights offer resistance training in smaller spaces than strength equipment. A few free weights in the right range is all many will need to meet their training needs. There are even adjustable options for a wider weight range in smaller spaces.
- Free weights are generally portable and storable – use them in any room of the house or take them to your favourite outdoor space.
- If you are intimidated by Free Weights, check out our Strength Equipment options or resistance training Accessories.
Buying a Rack or Cage
Fitness Town has curated a range of quality racks & cages that pass various tests from our team of experts. After decades in the fitness industry, we’ve developed a good understanding of your needs, regardless of age or fitness level. We consider everything like industry standards, diverse physical statures, and training requirements and goals. When you buy a product from Fitness Town, you can feel confident knowing that it lives up to our high standards. All that’s left is finding the perfect match for you.
Here are some things to consider when comparing our racks & cages:
- Your environment: Don’t rule out a power rack just because you don’t have a ton of room. Fitness Town carries squat racks with a small footprint that will easily fit into a corner of your home gym. Keep in mind that a full cage/rack will take up the most room, followed by a half-rack, and squat stands take up the least amount of room. You’ll also want to take your ceiling height into account as you choose your unit, you don’t want to be hitting your head as you’re doing pull-ups.
- Do you need storage? With maximizing your home gym floor space in mind, consider a power rack or cage that offers weight plate and barbell storage. Not only will it keep your gym floor nice and tidy, but it will also help you maintain the integrity of your barbell and Olympic plates.
- Versatility: You’ll want to pick a squat rack with a frame that supports a variety of exercises and any add-on attachments you might purchase in the future. It’s important to find a rack that offers versatility to grow with you through your fitness journey, so consider an option that comes equipped with a pull-up bar or add-on accessories like a dip bar or landmine attachment.
- Safety: If you will be training alone, or you’re working towards hitting a new PR, you’ll want to find a rack that comes equipped with spotter arms. These arms will act as a safety net to catch the barbell if you fail a lift – saving you and your floors from injury. Also, consider the material of the rack. Keep in mind that the thicker the gauge of steel, the sturdier the rack will be. Anywhere between 11–14-gauge steel is ideal for home gym use.
- Weight limit: Manufacturers post maximum weight limits to keep you safe. It’s important to choose a rack or cage that can support the weight of your fully-loaded barbell. Make sure you choose a rack with a weight limit that can grow with you as you get stronger in your lifts.
- Your height: If you’re tall, you’ll want to consider a rack taller than 85”. But if you’re on the shorter side, this might be perfect for you. Consider how many people and statures will be sharing your power rack. We carry several racks that offer adjustable J-hooks or varied starting heights to accommodate lifters of all sizes.
- What are your training goals? Keep your goals in mind as you choose your power rack or cage. If you plan to power lift, make sure you choose a heavy-duty rack that can support the load. Also, consider the variety of exercises you want to perform. If you want to jump between squats and bench presses, make sure you choose a rack that is easily adjustable or multi-purpose.
Expert Guidance To Help You Choose
Fitness equipment is highly personal and studies show that the right fit has a big impact on your consistency, enjoyment, and success. The Fitness Town Difference is our commitment to fitting you with equipment that will go the distance. We want you to build an environment for fitness that removes barriers and makes it easier for you to move more, at any age and every stage. Let us help you discover what moves you.